Brown Deer Park Golf Course
** Course Closed for Season, 11/11/19 **
Play the number one public golf course in Milwaukee County
Test your golfing skills on the course where Tiger Woods turned pro and where the top female professionals play in the Symetra Tour’s PHC Classic; the qualifying tour for the LPGA.
The golf courses unique and individual holes are carved out masterfully with a stream running throughout the entire course. The course was originally designed by George Hansen and founded in 1929 and was partially redesigned by Andy North and Roger Packard.
Join us for a round at Brown Deer – Book Your Tee Time.
|18 Holes||9 Holes||18 Holes |
|Sa-Su after 2pm||$79||$42||$41/$41||$25/$25|
|Sa-Su before 2pm||$79||$42||$46/$46||$30/$30|
RANGE CLOSED FOR SEASON
Hours Vary — Check Course Conditions Page
Ryder Cup Special (Valid Sept 21-30, 2020)
$149 per player (tax included)
**For tee time reservations and questions, please contact the Golf Office at 414-257-8024 or email PGA Head Golf Professional Andy Barrett at email@example.com. A credit card number is required to hold & reserve tee times.**
SUMMER SPECIAL (JUNE – SEPT)
18 Holes + $8 Pro Shop Gift Card for $39 (walking)
*Valid Only Monday – Wednesday
SUMMER BUNDLE (JUNE – SEPT)
18 Holes + Golf Car + $8 Pro Shop Gift Card for $49
*Valid Only Monday – Wednesday
Play until close + 2 beverage tickets + sleeve of golf balls for $25 (walking only)
Evening Rates Begin: Apr: 5:15pm; May: 5:30pm; Jun-Jul: 6pm; Aug: 5:30pm; Sept 1-15: 5pm; Sept 16-30: 4:30pm; Oct 1-15: 4pm; Oct 16-31: 3:30pm; Nov: 2pm
Play until close for $15 (walking only)
Sunset Rates Begin: Apr: 6:15pm; May: 6:30pm; Jun-Jul: 7pm; Aug: 6:30pm; Sept 1-15: 6pm; Sept 16-30: 5:30pm; Oct 1-15: 5pm; Oct 16-31: 4:30pm; Nov: 3pm
Get 18 holes for 4 golfers + 2 golf cars for $200
*Valid after 1pm on weekends/holidays
Get 9 holes for 4 golfers + 2 golf cars for $120
*Valid after 3pm on weekends/holiday
Click image to enlarge
PGA Professional: Andy Barrett
Improve your golfing skills with lessons from our PGA Pro. Group, individual, and junior golfer lessons are available.
Adult Private Lessons
$50 per 40-minute lesson
$200 for 5 lessons
Junior Private Lessons
$30 per 30-minute lesson
$120 per junior lesson series (5 lessons)
Private Group Lessons: Call for more information
GET GOLF READY
Wednesday or Thursdays nights, 5:30pm-6:45pm
Cost: $100 for 5 weeks of classes
Contact Brown Deer: (414) 352-3353
Andrew Barrett, PGA Professional, Andy.Barrett@milwaukeecountywi.gov
Leagues at Brown Deer are organized by several local golfing clubs. Contact the organizations below for details on how to join a league.
Men’s League: Brown Deer Golf Men’s Club
Women’s league: 18 Hole (Thurs.) firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s league: 9 Hole (Thurs.) email@example.com
Senior Men’s League: bdsgolf.com
Wisconsin DOT: CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION
Photo by Sterna Photo
Visit the pro-shop for Brown Deer branded merchandise, golf equipment and gift cards.
Klement’s Sausage – the official sausage of Milwaukee County Parks
The Oak & Antler banquet hall, within the historic 1930’s clubhouse, is available to rent for weddings and catered events.
Max capacity: 125.
Rentals available between 3pm-midnight.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Brown Deer Junior Program
The Brown Deer Junior Golf Program will have 5 lesson dates, 3 play dates. Play dates include Team Competition, Junior Championship, and The Deer Family Championship. The program will include an entry fee into The Deer Family Championship for the junior.
June 14th -August 18th
Ages 11-14 – 8:30am-10:00am
Ages 7-10 – 10:00am-11:30am
|Updated: January 27th||Front 9||Back 9||Carts||Notes|
|Brown Deer||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
|Dretzka||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
|Oakwood||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
|Whitnall||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
|Greenfield||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
|Hansen||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
|Warnimont||N||N||N||CLOSED FOR THE SEASON|
How to Find Us
7625 N. Range Line Rd.,
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Reviews for Brown Deer Golf Course
Explore the Course
The drive on this long par 4 must be in the left-center of the fairway for the player to see the entire putting surface. Long second shots to a heavily-bunkered green are required.
This is one of the most difficult holes on the course. Players must drive across the creek through a narrow opening to the elbow of a dogleg-left. The hole features a long, uphill second shot to an undulating green.
The third hole may look easy, but a narrow opening between trees makes the tee shot difficult. The green slopes severely from back to front, where it is guarded by a large bunker.
This short par 5 plays downhill from the tee to a landing area protected on the left by trees. Approach shots to the small green are over a creek.
This hole plays uphill to a putting surface surrounded by three large bunkers. Wind could be a factor here. A large green offers numerous pin placements, the most difficult of which is back-right.
This hole, the most difficult par 5 on the course, features a large landing area that narrows, with two trees in the fairway as you approach the green. The long, narrow putting surface has a ridge running through its center.
The toughest par 3 on the course, this hole is difficult because of the long tee shot and narrow green, which is bunkered on three sides.
Players tee off from back in the woods to the corner of this dogleg-left. Trees on the left will block sight of the green if the drive is short or left. While short-iron second shots are the rule here, this hole has proven to be the most difficult on the front nine.
This short par 4 provides a break from the more difficult eighth and tenth holes, if you stay in the fairway. The heavily-bunkered green will be difficult to hit from the deep rough. Long hitters may take aim at the green from a forward tee position.
A demanding hole because of the straight drive required, this par 4 features a narrow green protected by bunkers on both sides. As many bogeys as birdies will be made here.
Water and sand on the players left present most of the problems on this hole. The contoured green, which slopes toward the hazards from right to left, makes birdies difficult.
A 3-wood or iron off the tee will set up an uphill approach to the green. Trees and rough on either side of the fairway cause most of the trouble here.
The tee shot on this downhill par 4 must be short of the creek and preferably on the right side. The small, undulating green prevents many good birdie opportunities.
Four large bunkers protect the pin at this par 3. The most difficult pin placement here is tucked between the two bunkers on the left.
This dogleg-left is reachable in two strokes with a good tee shot. While birdies are common here, woods on the right as well as a small, sloping green can present problems and keep eagles to a minimum.
The narrow landing area and difficult green are the trademarks of this par 4. Trees on the left and sand on the right make driving difficult. Short irons are played to the green, which is guarded in front by the creek.
Players drive between two large willows to a narrow fairway with a large bunker on the right. The large green is guarded in front by sand, where a forward pin placement doesn’t offer much chance for a birdie.
A good drive over the creek allows players to go for the green in two strokes; otherwise, you must lay up. The green has five bunkers in front to penalize the daring golfer looking for an eagle.
To ensure that you enjoy your round at a Tournament, Championship, Regulation, or Executive course, please observe the following regulations:
- Reservations are recommended – make your reservation on-line or call the clubhouse. Walk-up tee times are made on a space available basis.
- Each player in your group must have clubs, including a putter. Rental clubs are available.
- Spectators or non-players are NOT allowed on the course. The only exceptions are those people authorized by the Parks Dept.
- You must wear suitable attire. Shirts are required. Non-metal spikes, alternative spikes, or spikeless shoes are required.
- NO carry-in food or beverages are allowed.
- Motor cars are rented based on availability. The “on-deck” golfer has priority in securing a motor car. Adaptive motor car reservations are the only requests taken in advance; please make adaptive motor car requests at least 72-hrs prior to your tee time.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license to rent or drive the motor car. Anyone under 18 may NOT drive the motor car.
- The person renting the motor car is responsible for any damage to the car or course and will be billed accordingly. Follow the instructions of the golf starter regarding any cart restrictions such as no carts on the back 9.
- To receive a discounted rate or to redeem coupons/special offers, you must present the coupon or offer as stated at check-in. You must present your Milwaukee County Parks Players Golf Discount Card to receive the associated discounts.
- Obey all hole- and course-closure signage.
- If your group is not ready when called to the tee, you will lose your turn and must sign up for the next available tee time.
- The starter may determine your assignment to the first or tenth tee. Your request to start on the tenth tee may be denied in order to keep the flow of play uninterrupted. During peak periods, the starter may combine players to make up foursomes.
- Remain with your group throughout the round. Groups of more than 4 are NOT permitted.
- Keep your motor car at least 10 yards from tee boxes and greens.
- Replace all divots, rake all footprints in bunkers, and repair all ball marks on the green.
- If you fail to maintain “Pace of Play,” you may be required to skip a hole(s).
- Display proper conduct at all times. If you violate the rules or disturb other guests with obnoxious behavior, damage to the course, failure to follow course design on a hole-to-hole basis, or other disruptive behavior, you will be asked to leave the course.
- Return all rented clubs, bags, pull carts, and motor car keys to the starter.
- Report all accidents or injuries to the starter immediately
- If conditions warrant—as determined by the starter—he/she will issue a raincheck if you present your receipt during the time of interrupted play
MILWAUKEE COUNTY GOLF OFFICE
9480 W. Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
CALL TO MAKE A TEE TIME